Today it's our turn. After the joy of yesterday, every few minutes brings new and dreadful news from Central London. We pray for the dead and the injured - and hope that everyone we know is safe.
Suzie is in town. Because she's in charge of her organisation, she has to stay where she is. The mobile phone networks are shut down. I'll have to figure out how to get her home tonight.
I have two dance articles to write. It's hard to feel any enthusiasm for them just now.
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for letting us know you're all right. I was worried about you and Susie as well as all my friends in London. My brother was also in London; I already know he's fine.
Thanks Leigh and I'm glad your brother is safe. We had been very worried after the Madrid bombs. Every time I left Suzie on a morning train, I did it fearfully.
But time passes. You forget. And you cannot live in the shadow of fear. When we were children we studied an essay by Robert Louis Stevenson. It was called Aes Triplex and it was about living without fear in the face of danger.
But in London, the fear is back.
Post a Comment