Monday, November 13, 2006

Welcome

If you're a dance student at Roehampton and you're reading this blog for the first time, welcome! It's a little personal, and was never intended to be journalistic, but do have a look around. Because there are so many pix, the page loads slowly if you're not on broadband.

A quick word about me: I'm arts editor of The Tablet, and also write for Dance Now and Dancing Times (I'm also a Roehampton graduate - from the MA in ballet studies, so I have a fondness for the place). Before that I was a producer with the BBC, but that's another story......

Ann David tells me that you are a lively class and I am looking forward very much to our session on Monday. In the meantime, there is an easy way to check out what the newspaper critics are saying about dance (contemporary as well as classical). Follow this link to the Ballet.co website, where they pull together every day what's in the papers, and not just in Britain. Arts Journal is also worth a look.

If I have ideas for other links you might find useful, I'll post them here (I know that Ann will have given you some pieces I've written). And if you want to message me, please do, and I'll try and reply as best I can. The address is brendan.mccarthy at gmail.com (I've substituted 'at' for @ to throw spam-crawlers off the scent, but you'll get the drift)

See you Monday then!

Brendan

No comments: