The
first controller of programmes for whom I ever worked was a man of huge intellect and charisma, but not remotely a manager. "The only good line is a deadline", he would sometimes say. This was as near as he came to a management credo. Such people flourished in broadcasting in the 1970s. They don't now. But the genus does exist in the dance world; didn't Paul Taylor once say that there wasn't such a thing as creativity - merely the fear of an approaching deadline.
This is the black hole into which I've fallen recently; accepting too much work and too many impossible deadlines. But I'm almost out of the wood now. Yesterday I even started to research a future article and, to my amazement, found the following in Peter Freestone's biography of Freddie Mercury (the two sections may take a moment to load).


I assume the reference is to the Benesh Institute.
No comments:
Post a Comment