
From the Norwegian network NRK, Jerome Robbins' The Concert with a Paris Opera Ballet cast; Dorothée Gilbert, Alessio Carbone, Laurence Laffon. Excellent resolution and no geoblock. Apparently this will soon be issued on DVD, along with the full Robbins programme (2008) of which it was part.
Link to NRK Player
2 comments:
Brendan: Many, many thanks for all of these excellent continental links! I had to import a plug-in to get the Dutch and Norwegian ones to play on my MAC. It was initially temperamental with 'The Concert', a particular favourite since seeing Miss Guillem in it about 10 years ago, but it seems to have stabilised at last. As a result, I'll be looking out for that DVD in due course. My first encounter with Robbins, of course, was in the 'West Side Story" film back in the early 60s. I recall a group of us coming out from that, knowing we had seen and heard something quite different from all other musicals of the time. Great stuff, so thanks again.
Glad to be of service!
Post a Comment