Tuesday, July 24, 2007

ENO's Carmen




With Savonlinna's exquisitely choreographed Carmen (picture) still ringing in our ears, we've come back to London to find that Sally Potter is directing a new production of the opera for ENO. ENO has put a Carmen sub-site online that looks very promising and which, they say, is the most extensive web 2.0 project yet by a UK arts organisation. As it evolves it will feature backstage footage, audition and rehearsal videos and participants' blogs.


ENO's dancer audition video


ENO's Carmen site


Savonlinna Carmen video

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this entry! I feel like it's Christmas and I just got a huge boxed set edition of my favorite show. A director I love, my favorite opera, and an incredible site...I'm going to spend HOURS here.

Are you going? I hope you'll tell us about it.

garryj said...

Hi, thelink to the ENO site appears to be incorrect.

Brendan McCarthy said...

I'm afraid ENO has now taken down the site. Great shame, but unsurprising.

Brendan McCarthy said...

I should add - this was an old posting and the blog had been dormant for a while until I started making a new set of postings