John Rockwell of the New York Times recently interviewed Merce Cunningham for the Stanford Humanities Centre. There are two Realplayer videos available online, the first Rockwell's twenty-minute introduction to Cunningham's work, while the second is the actual interview - duration fifty one minutes.
Link
Another video link I found at the weekend: the TV entries shortlisted for the Prix Italia. Click on the second box for 'Performing Arts' for (mesmeric and all too brief) footage of a young Maurice Béjart, as Hamlet (I deduce this from the brief aston in front of the clip), dancing to a Duke Ellington score. I'm intrigued, but can't find anything about it either online, or in Horst Koegler's dictionary. There's also some footage from DV8's The Cost of Living and an exquisite rendering of Stravinsky's Le Rossignol (not a dance entry).
Later: I found that the French TV Béjart entry is available on DVD (Link).
Home page
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment